Timely Disclosure of Corporate Information
Corporate Information Disclosure Committee
To ensure proper disclosure of information on Konica Minolta, a Corporate Information Disclosure Committee has been established directly under the president and CEO.
Role and Structure
Konica Minolta has established information disclosure controls and procedures to ensure the fast, accurate, and fair disclosure of information concerning all Group companies, according to relevant regulations. In order to perform this function, a Corporate Information Disclosure Committee has been established directly under the president and CEO.
The role of the committee is to manage and coordinate the unified disclosure of corporate information in accordance with information disclosure controls and procedures. The chairperson of this committee, who is appointed by the president and CEO, appoints the other committee members from among officers in charge of management strategy, risk management, CSR, legal affairs, general affairs, compliance, and others.
The supporting organization for this committee consists of a secretariat made up of managers and division chiefs from several departments. There is also a secretariat advisory panel made up of experts who specialize in compliance and relevant laws.
Activities of the Corporate Information Disclosure Committee
The Corporate Information Disclosure Committee performs the following activities in order to properly gather Konica Minolta Group information with speed and accuracy.
- Raising awareness and providing training to internal departments on information items subject to timely disclosure (decisions, occurrences, and financial reporting information)
- Establishing regular and emergency communication routes, as well as promotion of complete information gathering within the Group, through cooperation with the Corporate Information Disclosure Positions established at each principal Group company
- Systematizing authority among members of the Corporate Information Disclosure secretariat to preview documents and notices relating to all kinds of internal approval matters
- Securing a rapid, accurate response in the event of an emergency, through the establishment of regular and emergency routes for communication with other committees inside the Group, such as the Risk Management Committee and the Compliance Committee
- Clarifying internal procedures relating to the preparation, proofreading, and distribution of ongoing disclosure reports, and managing the procedures concerned
- Submitting documents to certify that the materials, data, and other information submitted by each relevant executive officer to the president are accurate and complete
- Consulting with outside attorneys and certified public accountants as necessary and generating feedback
In order to ensure more reliable disclosure of corporate information based upon relevant laws, the members of the Corporate Information Disclosure Committee and its secretariat, and the Corporate Information Disclosure positions at each principle Group company, observe the following:
- Adhering to relevant laws in all processes for execution of information disclosure controls and procedures; in the event of any uncertainties, consulting an attorney or other expert, and following the advice provided
- Careful examination and review of the content and format of corporate information to be released
- Securing prompt and simultaneous transmission of corporate information releases
- Promoting voluntary information releases when necessary or desirable, going beyond information disclosure required by relevant laws
The Corporate Audit Division also performs audits based on The Corporate Information Disclosure Committee Rules concerning the operations of the Corporate Information Disclosure Committee and its secretariat, along with the conditions for execution of information disclosure controls and procedures.