Responsible Supply Chain
Konica Minolta's Approach
Background and Issues
The Konica Minolta Group recognizes that, around the world, many people are forced to work without respect to their rights or in deplorable conditions, and that children and foreigners (migrants) are particularly vulnerable. The Group also understands that companies must fulfill their social responsibilities, including making improvements in the areas of labor issues (human rights), ethics, the environment, and health and safety, not only related to their own products, but also along the entire supply chain involved in delivering these products to customers.
- Supply chain: The series of activities involved in delivering a product or service to a customer, ranging from procurement and production to distribution and sales.
Konica Minolta aims to contribute to building a sustainable society that takes social issues such as human rights into consideration. To achieve this goal, we are working together with our clients along the entire supply chain to help solve these social issues. Through such initiatives, the business value of both Konica Minolta and our clients is improved, and by providing products that our customers can feel comfortable purchasing, we can ‘create shared value’.
Key Measures and KPIs
CSR procurement (FY2020 to FY2022)
- CSR activity participation requests to suppliers: 100% implementation
- CSR assessments: Completion at Group production sites and at approximately 100 important suppliers’ sites
- CSR RBA VAP audits: Completion at important Group productions sites, and at five particularly important suppliers’ sites
Addressing the issue of conflict minerals (FY2020 to FY2022)
- Response rate from suppliers regarding the conflict minerals survey: Maintaining over 90%
- Response to customer survey requests: 100% fulfill