Environmental Accounting in Fiscal 2019
Konica Minolta has implemented global-scale, consolidated environmental accounting in order to quantitatively assess the costs of environmental preservation in business operations and the benefits obtained from those activities.
Expenditures in fiscal 2019 were approximately 13.1 billion yen, a slight decrease from fiscal 2018. Investments remained largely unchanged from the previous fiscal year at 1.1 billion yen. Investments in fiscal 2019 consisted of regular equipment renewal only, and there was no large-scale investment. Economic benefits were almost the same as the previous year at about 24.4 billion yen.
Click image to enlarge
Note：Percentages do not necessarily total to 100 because of rounding.
|Types of Environmental Conservation Activities||Major Initiatives||Fiscal 2019 Results|
|1. Business area cost||762||3,352||21,395|
|1) Pollution prevention cost||Implemented wastewater treatment facilities maintenance, reduced atmospheric emission of VOCs, and carried out chemicals management||122||1,341||0|
|2) Preventing global warming cost||Promoted energy conservation||488||737||3,410|
|3) Resource circulation cost||Recovered solvents||152||1,274||17,985|
|2. Upstream / downstream costs||Collected and recycled products||0||1,916||3,010|
|3. Administration cost||Implemented environmental management systems||0||1,134||0|
|4. R&D cost||Developed energy-saving products and products containing no hazardous substances||307||6,679||0|
|5. Social activity cost||Implemented environmental conservation activities||0||2||0|
|6. Environmental remediation cost||Restored contaminated soil||10||49||0|
|7. Other costs||0||0||0|
|Stage||Type of benefit||Benefits|
|Production||Water use reduced *1||125,505 t|
|Electricity reduced *1||203,034 MWh|
|Natural gas reduced *1||16,294 thousand m3|
|Heavy oil reduced *1||0 kl|
|Emissions of target chemical substances reduced *1||16 t|
|Resource input reduced *1||107,184 t|
|External recycling and reuse of waste *2||12,922 t|
|Sales||Packaging reduced *1||419 t|
|Recycling and reuse of materials from used products *2||14,117 t|
|Usage||CO2 emissions reduced *3||14,824 t|
- Calculated by subtracting the actual consumption amount from the consumption amount estimated for cases in which the environmental conservation activity was not implemented.
- The environmental conservation benefits are calculated as the volume recycled and reused.
- CO2 emissions are calculated for major new products that were shipped in this fiscal year by subtracting the estimated CO2 emissions associated with the new products in use from the estimated CO2 emissions associated with the conventional products in use.
|Stage||Type of benefit||Benefits|
|Usage||Electricity consumption reduced *4||29,530 MWh|
|Electricity bills reduced *5||425 million yen|
- Electricity consumption reduced is calculated for major new products that were shipped in fiscal 2019 by subtracting the estimated energy consumption of the new products in use from the estimated energy consumption of the conventional products in use.
- Calculated by multiplying the average electrical power unit price over the Group's production sites in Japan by the amount of electricity consumption reduced.
Boundary for Fiscal 2019 Results
Konica Minolta, Inc.
10 Japanese affiliates
- Konica Minolta Planetarium Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Information System Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Supplies Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Mechatronics Co.,Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Technoproducts Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Japan, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Business Associates Co., Ltd.
- Kinko's Japan Co., Ltd.
23 affiliates outside Japan
- Konica Minolta Business Technologies (Dongguan) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Business Technologies (Wuxi) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions (China) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Supplies Manufacturing U.S.A., Inc.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe GmbH.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions Deutschland GmbH
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions (UK) Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Supplies Manufacturing France S.A.S.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions France S.A.S.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Business Technologies (MALAYSIA) SDN. BHD.
- Konica Minolta Opto (Dalian) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Optical Products (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Opto (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Sensing Americas, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Sensing Europe B.V.
- Konica Minolta Sensing Singapore, Pte. Ltd.
- Instrument Systems GmbH
- Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Medical & Graphic Imaging Europe B.V.
- Konica Minolta Medical & Graphic (SHANGHAI) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta (Xiamen) Medical Products Co., Ltd.