1. Stock Information
|Stock exchange registration||Tokyo Stock Exchange, First Section|
|Stock code||4902 Included in Nikkei 225|
|Minimum Trading Unit||100 shares (From April 1, 2014 onward)|
|Total number of shares issued||502,664,337 shares (Including treasury shares)|
|Fiscal Year||April 1 to March 31|
Returns to Shareholders
The policy regarding resolutions on the payment of dividends from retained earnings, etc. calls for the basic approach of making a comprehensive evaluation of consolidated performance and funding requirements for promoting strategic investments in growth fields while seeking to sustain shareholder returns. Regarding the specific dividend target, the Group is aiming to sustain a dividend payout ratio of 25% or higher over the medium-to-long term. With respect to the acquisition of treasury stock, the Company intends to make appropriate decision regarding treasury stock acquisition as a means of profit distribution while giving due attention to such factors as the Company's financial condition and stock price trends.
- The interim dividend for 2014/3 includes a commemorative dividend of ¥2.5
Breakdown of shareholding by investor type
Major shareholders (As of March 31, 2016)
|Name of shareholder||Number of shares held
|Ratio of shares held
|Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd. (Trust account)||34,909||7.0|
|The Master Trust Bank of Japan, Ltd. (Trust account)||27,617||5.5|
|The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.||13,945||2.8|
|JPMorgan Chase Bank 385167||11,948||2.4|
|Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.
(Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited Retrust Portion, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Pension Trust Account)
|Nippon Life Insurance Company||10,809||2.1|
|The Nomura Trust and Banking Co., Ltd.
(Holder in Retirement Benefit Trust for the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.)
|JPMorgan Chase Bank 385632||9,830||1.9|
|Daido Life Insurance Company||9,040||1.8|
|STATE STREET BANK AND TRUST COMPANY 505225||7,666||1.5|
Note : Ratio of sharesheld is calculated by deducting treasury shares.
(Billions of yen)
|Operating income/Operating profit||40||40||58||66||60|
|Research and development costs||72||71||71||74||76|
- Margin of profit attributable to owners of the company ratio
- ROE (previous year and forecast) calculated as the ratio of profit for the year to equity attributable to owners of the company. J-GAAP:FY11-FY13, IFRS:FY14&FY15
3. Sales by Segment/ Region
Sales by business segment (FY2015)
Sales by geographical area (FY2015)
Under our management philosophy, "The Creation of New Value," Konica Minolta has developed businesses and strived to be a corporation that continues to create inspiring products and services in the field of imaging, as well as a global corporation that leads the market with advanced technologies and reliability.
In future, "The Creation of New Value" will require fresh, new ideas.
We will devise and shape these concepts, ushering in changes to lifestyles and society, and making them reality.
Medium Term Business Plan
1. Growth Strategy
Business Technologies Business
- Enhance solution proposal capabilities by providing services and solutions for digital workflows of customers
- Consequently increase MIF and PV disruptively
- Drastically increase PV at printing companies disruptively by transforming current printing order flows through KM's unique MPM and Kinko's
- Increase MIF by providing integrated solutions combining advanced diagnostic performance modality (DR and ultrasound) and medical information (diagnostic information and medical documents)
- Provide one-stop locally connected solutions to small- and medium-sized hospitals and clinics
Industrial Optical Systems
- Evolve proposal capabilities cultivated in the sensing business and create new value through devices and systems, including solutions and services, for major customers in industrial fields with high growth potential
- Anticipate customer needs in growth fields and create new businesses based on our unique technologies accumulated through areas ranging from photo film development to OLED development
2.Medium term target for fiscal year ending March 31, 2017
(Announced on May 9, 2014)
- IFRS(International Financial Reporting Standards) base