Why Invest In KONICA MINOLTA
1. KONICA MINOLTA Enterprises Advantage
(1) Technical advantage reinvented core businesses
- Konica Minolta, with 140 years history, was a leading company of photo-films and cameras. We cultivated 4 core technology fields, continuing to leverage our brand and rich technological heritage to reshape our business model toward higher value, more profitable technology fields and market opportunities.
- We have pursued a continuous transformation.
(2) Globally active and leading enterprise
- We operate in 150 countries.
- Net sales outside Japan almost 81%.
- We are positioned as a global leader in US, EU and China's office markets.
- Assembling processes in business technologies products were 100% transferred to overseas.
(3) Sound corporate governance
- Our business strategy and affairs are overseen by our Board of Directors comprised of three executive directors, three non executive directors and four independent directors. Independent directors make up majority of our three standing board committees: Nominating, Audit and Compensation.
- Our CSR activities are highly rated by SRI rating bodies and a variety of other organizations around the world.
2. Our Strategy
(1) Genre-top strategy
- We advance our "Genre-top" strategy to expand the scale of business in growth fields, achieving the top position through further selection and concentration.
- Our major products with global top class are as below.
(2) M&A strategy
- We incubate and strengthen the non-hard solution, shifting to high-value services such as consulting and suggestions for our customers to improve their business processes.
- We leverage M&As to acquire higher value-added businesses.
3. Growth Drivers
- Our transformation for shifting to higher value-added businesses will never end.
- Key initiatives have been launched to capitalize on global trends and step up resourcing for growth.
For the print-on-demand textile inkjet printers, where we leads the market, expand sales of high-end in earnest from fiscal 2013.
Joint development of high-speed inkjet printers for production printing is progressing with Komori Corporation. Officially launched at Drupa May/2016.
In OLED lighting, we are currently developing R2R production technology toward commercialization of flexible panels.
The business started in fiscal 2012.
4. Forecast for Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2017(IFRS)
(Billions of Yen)
(Yen per share)
|FY 2016(F)||1,030 (0%)||55.0 (- 8%)||36.0 (+ 13%)||30.0|
(Announced on July 28, 2016)
*Profit attributable to owners of the company