Konica Minolta’s A4 Color MFP Receives BLI Winter 2014 Pick Award
Two Models Are Also Recognized for Energy Efficiency Awards
Tokyo (January 16, 2015) -- Konica Minolta, Inc. (Konica Minolta) today announced that Buyers Laboratory LLC (BLI)*1, a U.S.-based independent test lab with the focus on office document equipment and solution products, has awarded the company recognition for its bizhub series of multi-functional peripherals (MFPs) in several categories in BLI’s Winter 2015 Pick Awards*2.
Konica Minolta has been awarded Winter 2015 Pick for the bizhub C3350 in the A4 color category, following the five MFPs*3 recognized with Summer 2014 Picks last July. Additionally, the bizhub C3350 and the A4 monochrome MFP bizhub 4750 have received Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency*4 awards for their excellent energy performance.
The award-winning products and the reasons for their selection are:
Outstanding A4 Color MFP for Mid-Size Workgroups: bizhub C3350
According to BLI, the bizhub C3350 offered “a stellar performance in testing, delivering very good color print quality, fast speeds in black print and copy modes. The unit also features an intuitive design thanks to the INFO-Palette control panel, with tablet-style scrolling, as well as My Tab in the driver to simplify job programming, and a strong feature set, including a standard 320-gb HDD and bEST architecture*5 to integrate with time- and money-saving solutions.”
Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency: bizhub C3350, bizhub 4750
According to BLI, “the models achieved a significantly lower than average projected annual energy consumption rate during testing when compared against the competitive average of their respective competitors. The C3350’s energy was 43% lower than average and the 4750’s was 51% lower than average.”
|Award-Winning Product||Award Category|
|bizhub C3350||Outstanding A4 Colour MFP for Mid-Size Workgroups|
|bizhub C3350||Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency|
|bizhub 4750||Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency|
Konica Minolta, true to the spirit of its brand proposition “Giving Shape to Ideas,” is enhancing the corporate value of its entire group by turning new ideas into solutions and products with high added value that meet diverse customer needs while raising the level of customer satisfaction.
- Buyers Laboratory LLC (BLI) is a highly trusted independent evaluation organization which for over 50 years has been specializing in the field of office equipment and solutions. BLI conducts its own rigorous, practical tests over a period of several months and issues reports based on the results that are rated as the most comprehensive and accurate in the world. The data, which covers over 15,000 hardware and software items, is posted on the Web and is used throughout the world as a source of information for performance, pricing, and product evaluations.
- Pick Award: Twice yearly BLI, using its own standards, evaluates all equipment according to printing speeds for each product category and presents the prestigious Pick Award to the devices that it determines are the “best of the best.”
- A3 monochrome MFP: bizhub 754e, bizhub 654e, bizhub 454e
A4 monochrome MFP: bizhub 4750, bizhub 4050
- BLI’s awards for Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency go to the products that are the most energy efficient, or among the most energy-efficient, in their product segments based on BLI’s real-world environmental test. Winning products must demonstrate projected annual energy consumption significantly lower than the average for the product class.
- bEST: bizhub Extended Solution Technology. The bizhub open architecture provided by Konica Minolta includes solution platforms such as Open API and Internal Web Browser (IWB).