Konica Minolta Launches a New Standard Model, "AeroDR 2 1417S",one of the lightest FPD in its class*1 with improved resilience
1st July, 2015
KONICA MINOLTA,INC. (hereinafter referred to as Konica Minolta, headquartered in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, and led by President and CEO Shoei Yamana) announced that the company launched "AeroDR 2 1417S", new standard model cassette-type DR detector that is one of the lightest in its class*1 with enhanced resilience.
AeroDR SYSTEM 2 1417S
- One of the lightest cassette-type detectors in its class*1
2.5kg including the power capacitor
- Enhanced resilience compared with current standard model AeroDR 1417S
- Reduced waiting time achieved with shortened exposure intervals
- Stress-free rapid power capacitor charge
- Use of automatic exposure detection (AeroSync)
With the rapid progress of IT in the field in recent years, DR*2 detectors that can directly obtain radiographic images have been gaining popularity. Since 2011, Konica Minolta has been marketing "AeroDR" series wireless cassette-type DR detectors that enable wireless transfer of image data. The products have received high praise from numerous healthcare professionals due to excellent handling derived from their lightweight and robust characteristics, and AeroDR has greater dose efficiency comparing to our CR devices.
Today, Konica Minolta launched the "AeroDR 2 1417S" (14 x 17-inch) by redesigning the current standard model (AeroDR 1417S) and adding the AeroSync function for added convenience. Although cassette-type DR detectors such as the "AeroDR" are installed more widely than ever today not only in hospitals but also in clinics, the time-consuming installation process compared with that of CR devices due to DR devices requiring connection to an X-ray system. In addition, the market demands for cassette-type DR detectors requiring to be more robust to prevent trouble or damage due to impacts or drops because, unlike CR cassettes, DR detectors obtain multiple images through use of a single panel. It is also necessary for DR detectors, particularly in taking X-ray of orthopedic exams, to be able to support continuous exposures at rapid cycle time when CR system is converted to DR. In order to ease user’s burden, the weight of the "AeroDR 2 1417S" has been reduced by approximately 10% compared to the weight of the current standard model "AeroDR 1417S" through a thorough review of the housing and components.
Medical facilities also strongly demanded a device capable of sustaining a hard environment because cassette type DR detector utility has been extended from exposures in X-ray room to X-ray studies outside medical facilities such as home care, disaster recovery. To meet these demands, Konica Minolta has improved the resilience of the "AeroDR 2 1417S" in terms of rigidity, drop resistance and water resistance.
In addition, "AeroDR 2 1417S" has AeroSync function, which is not available in the current standard model "AeroDR 1417S". It will work to drive the conversion from existing CR or analogue system to DR system. Konica Minolta believes that the "AeroDR 2 1417S" will promote introduction of DR devices at small-scale medical facilities such as clinics and improve the efficiency of digital image diagnoses.
Main Features of the "AeroDR 2 1417S" Cassette-type DR detectors
1. One of the lightest cassette-type detectors in its class*1 2.5kg including power capacitor
In its pursuit to build a lighter AeroDR detector, Konica Minolta has succeeded in reducing its weight to 2.5kg including power capacitor. It is one of the lightest 14 x 17-inch detector in its class. Its design has been drastically changed from the current standard panel to be more convenient cassette type DR detector. Panel grips contribute to ease of carrying with one hand.
2. Enhanced robustness compared with current standard model AeroDR 1417S
AeroDR 2 1417S has the same level of resilience as AeroDR 2 1417HQ. Resilience has been requested from not only hospitals also Clinics. As Konica Minolta considered that unexpected accident may happen, the resilience of the detector has been enhanced to the same level as AeroDR 2 1417HQ. And AeroDR 2 1417S achieves water resistance grade IPX6*3, the panel structure is hard to be damaged by liquid entering the inside of the detector.
3. Reduced waiting time due to shortened exposure intervals
Through hardware improvement and software optimization, Konica Minolta has reduced the length of intervals required between exposures. Even when wireless communication is used, the cycle time is only six seconds*5. This product offers stress-free exposure even in multi X-ray exams such as arm and legs, lumbar spine, and cervical spine, which contributes reducing patients' waiting time.
Stress-free fast power capacitor charge
When fully charged, the AeroDR 2 1417S can take 150 images/4.1 hours*7. Users do not have to worry about running out of power since they can charge the power capacitor in less than 13 minutes either between exposures or short break time by setting the panel on AeroDR battery charger 2.
Employment of automatic exposure detection (AeroSync)
The AeroDR 2 1417S is new standard panel that supports AeroSync function. AeroSync function not only eliminates wired connection with DR system and X-ray unit as well as help to minimize the number of DR system components.
Specifications of the "AeroDR 2 1417S" Cassette-type Digital Radiography Device
|Product type||Cassette-type wireless flat panel detector|
|Detection method||Indirect conversion method|
|Automatic X-ray detection||AeroSync|
|Scintillator (fluorescent substance)||CsI (Cesium iodide)|
|External dimensions||383.7 (W) × 460.2 (D) × 15.9 mm (H)
(equivalent to a 14 × 17-inch cassette)
|Pixel size||175 µm|
|Image area size||348.95 × 425.25 mm (1994 × 2430 pixels)|
|A/D conversion||16 bit (65,536 gradients)|
|Withstand load*4||Point load: 150kg@φ40mm
Face load: 300kg@ through entire effective image area.
|Communication||Dedicated Ethernet connection/
Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11a/n compliant) 5.0GHz/2.4GHz
|Dynamic range||4 digits|
|Previewing time||Less than 2 seconds|
|Cycle time*5||Approx. 4 seconds (wired connection)
Approx. 6 seconds (wireless connection)
|Power capacitor type/expected lifetime||Lithium-ion capacitor (built-in)/equivalent to the life of panel products|
|Power capacitor charging time, full charge||13 minutes or less|
|Number of images able to be obtained when the power capacitor is fully charged*6||150 images/4.1 hours
(Three exposures per examination; in a five-minute cycle examination; exposures in linkage with an X-ray generator)
|Duration of standby time after full charge*7||Approx. 10 hours|
- In the class of 14×17-inch cassette type DR detectors. As of July 1, 2015.
- Digital Radiography: An imaging method in which a sensor panel receives irradiated X-rays. Because digital images are directly obtained, this method is generally able to provide better image quality and promptness than CR.
- The product may fail to maintain its waterproof performance (equivalent to IPX6) if it has been dropped. The water proof performance of this product does not guarantee that product damage or failure will not occur.
- Static load that has no effect on images and the detector even when it is applied to the detector. The measurement method is based on Konica Minolta's standards. The load bearing characteristics of this product do not guarantee that product damage or failure will not occur.
- Performance may vary depending on component configurations and usage environments. The described level of performance is obtained during exposures in linkage with an X-ray generator.
- Three exposures per examination in a five-minute cycle time (with the positioning time assumed to be 20 seconds); exposures in linkage with an X-ray generator.
- The described l performance here is obtained when the battery is fully charged. Also, the performance level may fluctuate depending on the usage environment and frequency of use (the ability to always obtain the performance described here is not guaranteed).
- The information, specifications, and product appearance contained herein are subject to change without notice.
- The company names and product names contained herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- The "AeroDR 2 1417S" is the trade name of the "Digital Radiography AeroDR SYSTEM 2".
- The "AeroDR" is the trade name of the "Digital Radiography AeroDR SYSTEM".