To Learn is to Live.
To Live is to Learn.
Make efforts towards learning
And multiple paths will follow
- Harsh Ankur / アンクー ハーシュ
- System Control Development Division 3
System Control Development Center
R&D Headquarters Business Technologies
- Joined in 2017
- Graduated: Masters in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Microelectronics
- Researched: Rumor Source Detection in a social network
- Japanese learning, freshmen software/ hardware training and introduction to department work
- Freshmen challenge, Modularization project, Revamping existing applications, Mentor
- Current work
- I am currently managing 2 projects under Modularization team of my department. It involves working with a Canadian company and a German subsidiary. My work also entails revamping our applications and bringing them closer to IoT. I am building a voice assistant module to effectively add voice recognition feature into our existing suite of applications. I am currently working as a mentor to 2 individuals who joined KM in 2018 October.
" 5 Q&As about Harsh’s challenge "
Q1. Why I chose KM
1. Company’s history and reputation
2. Multinational presence
3. Company’s push towards Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
4. Japanese working culture; punctuality, diligence etc.
5. Learning an entirely new language - Japanese
6. Living in Tokyo - a major technical center and the world’s largest metropolis
Q2. What made me grow
Coming from India where language and culture changes every 100 kilometers, I am no stranger to living in unfamiliar environments. There were definitely a few culture shocks, but nothing made me sink into oblivion.
I have tried to learn the best from Japanese working culture and to give them my own flavor. I have found it to be an effective way of getting the best out of both the worlds I have lived in.
I have also learnt that one should keep on reinventing oneself. Learning should only stop with one’s last breath and I tend to follow this principle with utmost sincerity.
Q3. My theme
If I have the adequate means and power, I would want to pursue improving the condition of education in the most deprived parts of the world.
In my university days, I led the “Educational Outreach” department of my university’s NGO for underprivileged children and I personally visited an orphanage to teach 3 children. They studied hard and one of them became a banker at last.
I, for one, coming from a middle-class family, am confident that education is the first step towards all solutions. Providing money will solve problems for a few days but educating people will make them capable of solving their own hurdles for life.
Q4. To achieve my theme
The first step is awareness. I want to convey to the government to keep a quality check on teachers in government schools where education is free. I lack the means to propagate the thought to under-privileged people about sending their children to schools rather than sending them for part-time jobs.
My priority right now is to gain as much knowledge as I can and get a stable professional career. I intend to step into my theme right after it.
To Learn is to Live. To Live is to Learn.
I believe learning is the most crucial aspect of life. Aim for learning and rest of the perks will follow. Aim for acquiring knowledge and not for merely achieving 1st rank.
I don’t believe in the idea of having a single passion in life and about “finding one’s passion”. I think this idea is disproportionately overhyped. Some of my friends have also been affected by it and they never seem to find stability in their personal and professional lives.
I believe, any work that a person can do, or is able to learn to do and is willing to go ahead with, becomes one’s passion. A person can have multiple passions. One should double his or her efforts for learning and multiple paths will follow for them to choose from.
I’m into enjoying various kinds of cuisine from
around the world and I keep searching for
all the fascinating restaurants serving them
in Tokyo. Here, I am enjoying
my two passions - food and photography