Konica Minolta Introduces Updated Free App "PageScope Mobile" To Connect
bizhub MFPs and iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, Connecting With Google Docs
Tokyo (January 10, 2012) – Konica Minolta Business Technologies, Inc. (Konica Minolta) is pleased to announce the updated version of "PageScope Mobile" application has been made available for user download worldwide for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to work with Konica Minolta MFP* "bizhub" (bizhub) through the App Store free of charge.
* Multi-functional Peripherals (Versatile computer peripherals with various functions such as faxing, printing, scanning, as well as copying.)
The new version of "PageScope Mobile for iPhone/iPad" Ver.2.0 (PageScope Mobile) offers more secured printing environment through MFP Authentication (User authentication, Account Track). Also, it is possible to track and manage the total print volume at either the division or individual user levels including iPhone users, which will contribute to TCO reduction in workplace.
Additionally, as one of new features, the updated version can be connected with Google Docs*, cloud connectivity service which is widely used in many situations in businesses. With this application, it is possible to download data or a file from Google Doc to PageScope Mobile in iPhone/iPad and print out through bizhub, or to upload and save the scanned data from this application onto Google Docs so that work efficiency will be further improved.
* Google Docs™ is a free, Web-based office suite, and data storage service offered by Google. It allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating in real-time with other users.)
Konica Minolta is committed to continue offering innovative solutions to fulfill the diverse needs of office work through increasing use of mobilization and cloud computing, thereby contributing to enhancement of productivity and convenience to customers with our communication message of "Giving Shape to Ideas."
About "PageScope Mobile"
It is an application that connects bizhub with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to browse, read and instruct printing of documents, images and load scanned data from bizhub, as the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch become increasingly useful tools for business users. It was launched in spring 2011 and is globally available in more than 100 countries now.
Outline of "PageScope Mobile"
- Print Emails and attachments directly to bizhub.
- Printing of PDF, TIFF, JPEG and XPS documents are supported.
- Scan paper documents at high speed from bizhub directly to the iPhone, iPod touch, and/or iPad, and these files can then be printed, Emailed or stored on iPad/iPhone or iPod touch.
- Save albums of images captured with the iPhone's built-in camera for quick printing to bizhub.
Note: Wireless LAN connection is required.
- Download and print documents from Google Docs, or upload to Google Docs
- Authentication (User authentication, Account track)
- ZIP file support (extract)
- Encrypted PDF support
- Printing e-mail body in Asian languages.
- HTML mail printing
- Printing Web Page (full contents)
Free of charge
Note: Internet access fee may apply.
Downloadable from the App Store
Worldwide on January 6, 2012
- bizhub 652/602/552/502/423/363/283/223/751/601/ 751/601/501/421/361
Note: Some models may not be available in all areas.
- iPhone4S/iPhone4/iPhone 3GS (iOS 4.2, 4.3, 5.0)
- iPad2/iPad(iOS 4.2, 4.3, 5.0)
- iPod touch fourth generation (iOS 4.2, 4.3, 5.0)
Note: Future bizhub series will support this application accordingly.
- bizhub and PageScope are registered trademarks of Konica Minolta Business Technologies, Inc.
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- The App Store is a service, offered by Apple Inc., that allows download of application software made for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Google and Google Docs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.