Konica Minolta Delivers Updated Version of its Free App for iOS Mobile Devices To Connect with Existing File Servers to Enhance Work Efficiency
Tokyo (March 25, 2013) – Konica Minolta Business Technologies, Inc. (Konica Minolta) is pleased to announce that it has started offering an updated version of “PageScope Mobile” (Ver. 3.0) application for iOS mobile devices worldwide, to work with Konica Minolta MFP*1 “bizhub” (bizhub) through App Store, free of charge.
MFP and mobile connection
(Concept Illustration) “PageScope Mobile” launched in April 2011, is an application that connects bizhub with mobile devices, allowing users to browse, read, scan and print selected documents and images.
This version upgrade enables “PageScope Mobile” for iOS app to connect to existing file servers*2 for the first time in the industry*3, in order to directly save scanned data from MFP to file servers seamlessly. Further, “PageScope Mobile” can directly access to file servers and print documents from mobile devices with no requirement to e-mail the data in advance to mobile devices, thereby enhancing business productivity.
While maintaining the same environment and achieving high security levels by utilizing the existing file servers in corporations, “PageScope Mobile” contributes to reduce additional operating cost and take preventive measures against information leak risks.
Additionally, in order to cater to the growing needs for an optimized print environment in the office, this application can be also linked with A4-sized MFPs or bizhub PRO series production print systems along with A3-sized MFPs to extend user accessibility.
Furthermore, the application user interface has adopted the same design as that of INFO-Palette in the bizhub C754 and bizhub C554 series*4, giving the users an intuitive operability for various functions.
Enhanced Functions of Updated Version of “PageScope Mobile” for iOS Ver. 3.0
1.Connect with existing file servers in the corporation
- Save scanned data to the file servers
- Print files that are saved in the file servers
2.Expand the compatibility with bizhub models
- Link with A4-sized MFPs or bizhub PRO series production print systems
3.Enhance Application's user interface
- Adopt new operating panel with high usability through GUI design development
Konica Minolta is committed to continue offering innovative solutions to fulfill the diverse needs of office work through increasing use of mobilization and cloud computing, thereby contributing to enhancement of productivity and convenience to customers with our communication message of “Giving Shape to Ideas.”
About PageScope Mobile
“PageScope Mobile” is an application that connects bizhub with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to browse, read and instruct printing of documents, images and load scanned data from bizhub with high functionality and usability. It can be connected to highly versatile cloud services such as Google Drive*5, iCloud*6, DropBox*6, Evernote*6 and Office365*6 as online storage.
bizhub C754/C654, bizhubC554/C454/C364/C284/C224, bizhub C652DS/C552DS
bizhub C652/C552/C452, bizhub C650/C550/C452
bizhub C360/C280/C220, bizhub C25/C35P, bizhub C35, bizhub C650/C550/451
bizhub C353/C253/C203, magicolor 4750EN
bizhub PRO C6000L+IC-601
bizhub 754/654, bizhub 602/502, bizhub 423/363/283/223
bizhub 751/601, bizhub501/421/361, bizhub36, bizhub PRO 951
*Some models may not be available in all areas.
*Future bizhub series will support this application accordingly but certain exception may apply.
*Some models may need additional options or software update.
iPhone & iPod touch iOS 4.3, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0
iPad iOS 4.3, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0
iPad mini iOS 6.0
- Multi-functional Peripherals (Versatile computer peripherals with various functions such as faxing, printing, scanning, as well as copying.)
- Windows Samba server supports the connection with SMB1.0 client. The same local area network with PageScope Mobile connection is required.
- Among iOS free application provided from MFP makers as of March 25, 2013, research by Konica Minolta.
- bizhub C754/C654, bizhub C554/C454/C364/C284/C224
- Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service provided by Google that enables to use documents, spreadsheets and presentation. Google account is required to use the service.
- It is required to have the account for each storage service
- bizhub, PageScope and magicolor are registered trademarks of Konica Minolta Business Technologies, Inc.
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Google Drive is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Evernote is a registered trademark or trademark of Evernote Corporation.
- Dropbox is a registered trademark of Dropbox, Inc.
- Office365 is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation Inc.
- It is required to have the wireless LAN printing environment to link with Android devices.