Konica Minolta Receives Grand Award of Counter Global Warming Report(Environment Minister's Award) in the 19th Environmental Communication Awards
Tokyo (March 9, 2016) - Konica Minolta, Inc. (Konica Minolta) has received the Grand Award of Counter Global Warming Report (Environment Minister's Award), a grand prize in the category of Environmental Report, in the 19th Environmental Communication Awards.
The award was given in recognition of the superior quality of
- Konica Minolta CSR Report 2015, and
- Konica Minolta Environmental Report 2015.
Comments from jury members (selected)
- The CSR Report is published in five languages, Japanese, English, Chinese, German and French, which makes it a highly effective tool for disseminating information to international society.
- The report offers information on the progress of Konica Minolta’s efforts to achieve its medium-term goal of reducing CO2 emissions by 40% by fiscal 2016, as a milestone toward the attainment of the company’s long-term goal of reducing CO2 emissions by 80% from the fiscal 2005 level by 2050, thus allowing readers to have a clear understanding of how Konica Minolta has contributed to preventing global warming.
- The report covers topics about Konica Minolta’s management of chemical substances, such as its compliance with the EU RoHS Directive, monitoring of chemical substances used for its products and disclosure of relevant information. Thus, the report is highly informative.
Environmental communication by Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta publishes a CSR Report annually to clearly communicate its CSR initiatives, especially its efforts to reduce environmental impacts, to its global stakeholders. The Chinese version of the report is edited differently from other versions, as it places greater focus on local activities to better address local needs.
To be specific, the report presents Konica Minolta’s basic environmental policy and the progress of its medium-term environmental plan. It also contains “Special Feature” articles about initiatives newly launched during the year covered. For example, the CSR Report 2015 carries a Special Feature article about Konica Minolta’s efforts to share the environmental know-how they have accumulated over the years with suppliers and even with customers who have not installed Konica Minolta products, to contribute to reducing environmental impacts more extensively beyond the bounds of the Konica Minolta Group.
The Environmental Report is published annually, is independent from the CSR Report, and it only focuses on environmental issues. It offers detailed environmental information extensively and systematically, ranging from Konica Minolta’s long-term environment vision, policy and management system down to specific measures taken toward global warming prevention, resource conservation, recycling, chemical substance management, and biodiversity protection, at each stage of product lifecycle. The report also covers the company’s environmental performance data related to energy, CO2, water, and resources, including the data of each business site.
About the Environmental Communication Awards
Hosted jointly by the Ministry of the Environment and the Global Environmental Forum, the Environmental Communication Awards are designed to publicly recognize outstanding reports on environmental issues and environmental activities, thus motivating businesses to adopt environmental management practices and promote environmental communication, and enhance the quality of environmental information to be disclosed.
Awarding ceremony on February 24, 2016