Konica Minolta IJ unveils KM-1, a B2 cut-sheet inkjet press for commercial use that delivers highly consistent accuracy as technology showcase at drupa 2012
Konica Minolta IJ will present B2 cut-sheet inkjet press KM-1 (development name) co-developed with KOMORI Corporation as a technology showcase at drupa 2012, one of the biggest international printing shows in the world (3 May to 16 May 2012, Messe Düsseldorf Germany)
As digitalization in commercial printing market, Konica Minolta IJ developed highly stable and reliable professional use inkjet press which applies Konica Minolta IJ's advanced inkjet technology and KOMORI Corporation's paper transportation technology based on the reputational offset press technology.
At coming drupa 2012, Konica Minolta IJ presents KM-1 in Konica Minolta booth to run live demonstration, and also show various types of printing samples.
Please come to Konica Minolta booth to see KM-1 and enjoy the breadth and scale of its technology.
KM-1 B2 cut-sheet inkjet press
- KM-1 applies Konica Minolta original newly developed high-res print head, UV ink and unique printing process.
- With KOMORI's paper transportation technology, KM-1 allows productivity of 3300SPH (Simplex) and 1650SPH (Duplex) at print resolution of 1200dpi x 1200dpi achieving outstanding image quality compatible to offset prints.
- Thanks to UV ink, KM-1 can print to regular offset paper such as coated paper, non-coated paper, and art paper without special treatment before and after printing.
- Also UV ink is cured instantly by UV LED set in KM-1, so printed papers are ready to send to finishing process immediately after printing, which contributes to shorten the over all production time.
- KM-1 provides superb consistency such as paper feeding registration accuracy, image quality that is constant for batch to batch, and repeatability both job-over-job and day-over-day, thereby meeting essential requirements for commercial printers.
- Easy operation, Easy maintenance
|B2 cut sheet inkjet press
Duplex (Duplex/Simplex: Automatic Switch by JOB)
|Print Resolution||1200dpi × 1200dpi|
|Ink||HS UV ink *1|
|Colours||4 Colour (5 Colour, 6 Colour in the future)|
|Paper size||530mm × 750mm - 280mm × 400mm|
|Max. Image size||520mm × 730mm|
|Paper thickness||0.06mm - 0.45mm (- 0.6mm available in the future)|
|Printable Media||Coated paper, Non-Coated paper, Art paper, Special paper
Full Variable print possible
|Dimensions||W 2700mm × L 5000mm × H 2400mm|
- HS UV ink : High definition, Single pass UV ink
Konica Minolta IJ Technologies, Inc.
Business Development Division
Tel. : +81 42-589-3701
- For reference, please see the Konica Minolta Business Solution Europe GmbH Website