PC Software for Color Analyzer CA-S40 /
SDK for Color Analyzer CA-SDK2
End User License Agreement
IMPORTANT: READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING.
Product: CA-S40 / CA-SDK2 (macOS edition)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE LICENSE AGREEMENT BELOW ("AGREEMENT") BEFORE DOWNLOADING THIS CA-S40 AND ITS REFERENCE MANUAL (COLLECTIVELY, “CA-S40”) AND THIS CA-SDK2 AND ITS REFERENCE MANUAL (COLLECTIVELY, "CA-SDK2"). DOWNLOADING THE CA-S40 AND CA-SDK2 (COLLECTIVELY, “SOFTWARE”) SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR LEGALLY BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THEM, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.
1. Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
This is a license agreement and not an agreement for sale. Konica Minolta, Inc. ("Konica Minolta") owns, or has been licensed from other owners ("Konica Minolta Licensors"), copyrights and other intellectual property rights of the Software, and any and all rights and title to the Software and any copy made from it are retained by Konica Minolta and/or Konica Minolta Licensors. In no event, this Agreement shall be deemed to assign any copyright and/or any intellectual property rights of the Software from Konica Minolta and/or Konica Minolta Licensors to you. The Software is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, no licenses are granted to you as to any copyright and/or any intellectual property rights of the Software.
- Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, Konica Minolta hereby grants to you a non-exclusive and limited license;
- to install and use the CA-S40 on one or more computers which are under your control and are located at your single premise solely for the purpose of using the CA-S40 with Konica Minolta's Display Color Analyzer CA-410 Probes/Data Processor CA-DP40,
- to use the CA-SDK2 solely for the purpose of developing application software (“Application Software”) that is to be used with Konica Minolta's Display Color Analyzer CA-410 Probes/Data Processor CA-DP40,
- to make a third party develop the Application Software with use of the CA-SDK2, provided, however, that you must impose on the third party the same obligations as those imposed on you under this Agreement and that you represent and warrant that the third party complies with the obligations,
- to duplicate the Application Software and to use the duplication only with Konica Minolta’s Display Color Analyzer CA-410 Probes/Data Processor CA-DP40.
- You may make one copy of the Software and the Application Software only for backup purposes.
- You must attach to each of the duplications set forth in Section 2(1) (iv) and Section 2(2) a legend that Konica Minolta and/or Konica Minolta Licensors own copyrights and other intellectual property rights of the Software.
- You agree that Konica Minolta may audit your use of the Software and the Application Software with respect to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, upon reasonable prior notice.
- Without a prior written consent of Konica Minolta, you shall not;
- use, duplicate, modify, merge, revise or enhance the Software in any way,
- decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the Software’s source code,
- make others to install and/or use the Software by rental, lease, transfer, sub-license or any other method,
- place the Software onto a server so that it is accessible via a public network.
- You agree that you will not export the Software and the Application Software in any form in violation of any applicable laws and regulations regarding export control of any country.
4. Disclaimer of Warranties
- THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, KONICA MINOLTA, ITS AFFILIATE COMPANIES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND KONICA MINOLTA LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LACK OF VIRUS, ITS FUNCTIONALITY OR CAPABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL KONICA MINOLTA, ITS AFFILIATE COMPANIES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS NOR KONICA MINOLTA LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR THE APPLICATION SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF KONICA MINOLTA, ITS AFFILIATE COMPANIES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS OR KONICA MINOLTA LICENSORS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL KONICA MINOLTA ASSIST ANY PARTIES IN THEIR USING THE SOFTWARE AND DEVELOPING THE APPLICATION SOFTWARE.
5. Termination of Agreement
- You may terminate this Agreement by destroying this Software, the Application Software and any copies thereof in your possession.
- Konica Minolta may terminate this Agreement at any time if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy this Software, the Application Software along with any copies thereof and accompanying materials in your possession.
6. Applicable laws
This Agreement shall be interpreted, construed and governed by the laws of Japan.
In the event that any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held illegal or null and void by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining parts of this Agreement and they shall remain in full force and effect as if such part or parts determined illegal or void had not been included.
8. U.S. Government Restricted Rights Notice
If you are acquiring the Software on behalf of any unit or agency of the United States Government, the following provisions apply. Use, duplication or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in the Rights in the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013, subdivision (b) (3) (ii) or subparagraph (c) (1) (ii), as appropriate. Further use, duplication or disclosure is subject to restrictions applicable to restricted rights software as set forth in FAR 52.227-19 (c) (2).
9. Export restrictions
This Software, information and documentation (materials) are subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. You must comply strictly with all applicable international and national laws (including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, the U.S. Internal Arms Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use, and destination restrictions issued by U.S. and other governments).