Software Development Kit LC-MISDK
End User License Agreement
IMPORTANT: READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING.
Product: Software Development Kit LC-MISDK
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE LICENSE AGREEMENT BELOW ("AGREEMENT") BEFORE DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THIS LC-MISDK AND ITS REFERENCE MANUAL ("SDK"). DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THE SDK SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR LAWFUL ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THEM, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR USE THE SDK.
1. COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
This is a license agreement and not an agreement for sale. Konica Minolta, Inc. ("Konica Minolta") owns, or has been licensed from other owners ("Konica Minolta Licensor"), copyrights and other intellectual property rights of the SDK, and any and all rights and title to the SDK and any copy made from it are retained by Konica Minolta or Konica Minolta Licensor. In no event shall this Agreement be deemed to assign any copyright and/or any intellectual property rights of the SDK from Konica Minolta or Konica Minolta Licensor to you. The SDK is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, no licenses are granted to you as to any copyright and/or any intellectual property rights of the SDK.
(1) Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, Konica Minolta hereby grants to you a non-exclusive and limited license;
(i) to use the SDK solely for the purpose of developing application software that is used with Konica Minolta's measuring instruments ("Application Software").
(ii) to make a third party develop the Application Software with use of the SDK, provided, however, that you must impose on the third party the same obligations as those imposed on you under this Agreement and that you represent and warrant that the third party complies with the obligations.
(iii) to use the Application Software with Konica Minolta's measuring instruments.
(iv) to duplicate the Application Software, distribute the duplications to end users of Konica Minolta's measuring instruments ("End Users") and grant to the End Users licenses to use the duplications with Konica Minolta's measuring instruments, provided however, that you must assure that such End User has agreed to the restrictions set forth in Section 3 below.
(2) You must attach to each of the duplications set forth in Section 1(1) (iv) a legend that Konica Minolta or Konica Minolta Licensor owns copyrights and other intellectual property rights of the SDK.
(3) In addition to the duplication rights granted in Section 1(1) (iv), you may make one copy of the SDK only for backup purposes.
(1) Without a prior written consent of Konica Minolta, you shall not:
(i) use, duplicate, modify, merge, revise or enhance the SDK in any way.
(ii) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the SDK's source code.
(iii) make others to install and/or use the SDK by rental, lease, transfer, sub-license or any other method.
(iv) place the SDK onto a server so that it is accessible via a public network.
(2) You agree that you will not export the SDK in any form in violation of any applicable laws and regulations regarding export control of any country.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
(1) THE SDK IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. KONICA MINOLTA, ITS AFFILIATE COMPANIES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND KONICA MINOLTA LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SDK, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LACK OF VIRUS, ITS FUNCTIONALITY OR CAPABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
(2) IN NO EVENT WILL KONICA MINOLTA, ITS AFFILIATE COMPANIES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS NOR KONICA MINOLTA LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SDK OR THE APPLICATION SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF KONICA MINOLTA, ITS AFFILIATE COMPANIES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS OR KONICA MINOLTA LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(3) IN NO EVENT SHALL KONICA MINOLTA ASSIST ANY PARTIES IN USING THE SDK.
5. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
(1) You may terminate this Agreement by destroying this SDK, the Application Software and any copies thereof in your possession.
(2) Konica Minolta may terminate this Agreement at any time if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy this SDK, the Application Software along with any copies thereof and accompanying materials in your possession.
6. APPLICABLE LAWS
This Agreement shall be interpreted, construed and governed by the laws of Japan.
In the event that any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held illegal or null and void by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not effect the remaining parts of this Agreement and they shall remain in full force and effect as if such part or parts determined illegal or void had not been included.
8. U. S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE
If you are acquiring the SDK on behalf of any unit or agency of the United States Government, the following provisions apply. Use, duplication or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in the Rights in the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013, subdivision (b) (3) (ii) or subparagraph (c) (1) (ii), as appropriate. Further use, duplication or disclosure is subject to restrictions applicable to restricted rights software as set forth in FAR 52.227-19 (c) (2).
If you have any questions concerning this license agreement, please contact the nearest authorized Konica Minolta, Inc., Sensing Business Unit facility or distributor.