Seeking Better Understanding of Risk Reduction by Converting Relevant Data into Monetary Value, So As to Reflect Intangible Benefits.
Environmental accounting refers to the converted monetary value of benefits derived from the various environmental measures we implement; their investment effectiveness is compared and studied quantitatively. This enables rational decision-making so as to ensure implementation of the most effective environmental measures and comprehensive environmental action that directly links environmental measures with management strategy. The Konica Minolta Group actively implements environmental accounting so as to advance more effective environmental measures, and conducts consolidated global accounting for the entire Group by assigning environmental accounting personnel to each office. We use the obtained environmental accounting results group-wide to develop better environmental measures.
The Konica Minolta Group has established both standards and assessment methods for risk calculation, as well as for economic and environmental protection benefits. In so doing, we have gained a better understanding of the benefits of risk reduction, which can be expressed in monetary terms as “assumed benefits” of the environmental impact reduction obtained by implementing certain measures, as compared to the environmental impact that would be experienced without such measures.
|Stage||Measures to Prevent Global Warming||Minimization of Chemical Risks|
|Measures and activities undertaken in fiscal 2006||Reduction of atmospheric emissions of dichloromethane and methanol||Reduction of CO2 emissions based on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)|
|Environmental impact reduction benefits||Atmospheric emissions: Reduction of 22 tons||CO2 emissions: Reduction of 131,564 tons|
|Risk reduction benefits in monetary units||¥11.8 million||¥1,316 million|
|Types of Environmental Measures||Fiscal 2006 Results||Fiscal 2007 Budget|
|Cost within business domain||Pollution prevention||1,345||1,698||56||113||2,244||2,072|
|Global warming prevention||173||414||405||205||243||393|
|Social contribution costs||0||14||0||0||0||11|
|Environmental damage costs||40||609||0||0||501||673|
- Fiscal 2007 budget does not cover overseas affiliates.
|Stage||Type of benefit||Fiscal 2006|
|Manufac-turing||Reduction in water usage (tons)||260,567|
|Reduction in electricity usage (MWh)||14,623|
|Reduction in city gas usage (1,000m3)||1,502|
|Reduction in heavy oil usage (kl)||130|
|Reduction in harmful chemical substances (tons)||33.2|
|Reduction in materials usage (tons)||52,142|
|External recycling and reuse of waste (tons)||24,069|
|Sales||Reduction in packaging materials (tons)||324|
|Reuse and recycling of used products (tons)||5,209|
|Use||Reduction in CO2 emissions (tons)||31,437|
|Stage||Type of benefit||Fiscal 2006|
|Use||Reduction in electricity usage (MWh)||83,167|
|Reduction in electricity costs (millions of yen)||1,198|
Companies included in fiscal 2006 results
9 Konica Minolta companies
24 Japanese affiliates
18 overseas affiliates
Companies Included in Fiscal 2006 Results
The nine main Konica Minolta companies
- Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Business Technologies, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Opto, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Medical & Graphic, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Sensing, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Technology Center, Inc.
- Konica Minolta Business Expert, Inc.
- Konica Minolta IJ Technologies, Inc.
24 Japanese affiliate companies
- Konica Minolta Planetarium Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Supplies Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Printing Solutions Japan Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Supplies Manufacturing Kansai Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions Japan Co., Ltd.
- Toyohashi Precision Products Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Electronics Co.,Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Software Laboratory Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Opto Products Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Components Co., Ltd.
- Nankai Optical Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Glass Tech. Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Repro Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Technoproducts Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Medical Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Graphic Imaging Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Medical & Graphic Technosupport Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta ID System Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Technosearch Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Konica Information Systems Corporation
- Konica Minolta Logistics Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Sogo Services Co., Ltd.
18 overseas affiliate companies
- Konica Minolta Business Technologies Manufacturing (HK) Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions (WUHAN) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions Deutschland GmbH
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe GmbH
- Konica Minolta Supplies Manufacturing U.S.A., Inc.
- Konica Minolta Supplies Manufacturing France S.A.S.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Printing Solutions Europe B.V.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd.
- Develop GmbH
- Konica Minolta Business Technologies (WUXI) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions (UK) Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Opto (DALIAN) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Optical Products (SHANGHAI) Co., Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Medical Imaging U.S.A., Inc.
- Konica Minolta Graphic Imaging U.S.A., Inc.
- American Litho, Inc.