Green Factories (procurement and production initiatives)
Konica Minolta's Approach
Background and Issues
Today’s increasingly urgent environmental problems demand more efficient use of energy and resources. There is a limit to the degree of environmental impact reduction that can be obtained solely through a company’s own initiatives. Global companies must increase their positive contribution to global environmental preservation by expanding their activities to suppliers and other business partners throughout the supply chain.
In pursuit of production process efficiency, Konica Minolta is developing production technology that helps to control CO2, waste, and chemical substance emissions while minimizing energy and resource input. Integrating this with proprietary environmental technologies and expertise, the company is working to make an even larger environmental contribution across the entire supply chain by working in close collaboration with business partners.
Key Measures and KPIs
Green Factory activities
- Achieve Excellent Green Factory Certification at major production sites worldwide by fiscal 2019
- CO2 emissions reduction in production activities: 19 thousand tons
- Effective resource utilization: 2.8 thousand tons
Green Supplier activities
- CO2 emissions reduction at suppliers: 5 thousand tons
- Effective resource utilization at suppliers: 0.25 thousand tons